This will be accomplished by:
The Historical Museum
The Ontario County Historical Museum, a Georgian Revival building, is a landmark on Main Street Canandaigua. It was designed by famed architect, Claude Bragdon and constructed in 1914 with donated dollars from the Canandaigua community.
When it was first built the building also housed the Wood Library, Canandaigua’s Public Library. In 1972 the Library outgrew its space and relocated to the Sibley House at 127 North Main Street www.woodlibrary.org
The Historical Museum holds the Society archives and library. It has three exhibit galleries and a research library. The McKechnie Meeting Room is the venue for educational programs that are held monthly during the Winter, Spring, and Fall. Don’t forget to stop in and visit our Books Shop. It has a great selection of books on the history of Ontario County and Western New York State.