These contain original letters, bills, deeds, membership lists and other documents.
They range in scope from an individual file to the 44 boxes of materials we have relating to Oliver Phelps.
The following is not a complete list of our manuscript holdings. Please contact OCHS for specific listings.
- 126th Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry papers: 1862-1897. Muster rolls and returns; court
- 126th Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry papers: Charles A. Richardson (3 files)
- 126th Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry papers: Job Pearce in the War of 1812
- 126th Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry papers: William Henry Shelton letters written while in prison
- A. W. Riley papers: 8 Canandaigua letters dealing with mortgages, 1837-58
- Abraham Dox papers: militia appointments, drills, etc. Geneva NY
- Academy Grange: quarterly financial reports, records; membership 1874-1950’s; 51 folders, 2 boxes
- Albert Daniels papers: letters, receipts, invoices. Canandaigua NY. Storekeeper (music). 9 files.
- Albert W. Stevenson papers: letters, photo of “vacuum jar opener” he invented. 1918. Canandaigua NY
- Andrew Harris papers: citation for judicial settlement – William McGowan Estate 1919
- Andrew Harris papers: deeds, article of agreement with George Rockwell; 1850-52
- Andrew L. Williams papers: candidate for admission to Black Point Association, 10 Oct 1875.
- Antis Family papers: family letters, Canandaigua NY, 36 folders
- Antoinette Granger papers: letters dealing with Ontario County Historical Society. 4 files
- Arnold-Power-Warfield Collection: land transactions, 29 misc. ephemera items
- Arthur Aldridge: Fisher’s Station NY. Letters re seed potato business 1900-1918. Postcards, receipts
- Augustus Porter Collection: letters to Oliver Phelps re land sales, business, farming, politics, roads, etc.
- Autograph collection: Canandaigua 1931-1960. Famous individuals world-wide; request letters, stamps
- B.O.C.E.S. Collection: school census reports 1928-1962; financial reports; student names; 10 boxes
- B.O.C.E.S. Collection: statistical reports on Ontario County Schools, superintendents abstracts 1939-52
- B.O.C.E.S. papers: statistical reports on Ont. Co. schools, census, abstracts, finances 1939-62. 10 boxes
- Baptist Church: Canandaigua. Misc. records, bills (1890-1910). 4 folders
- Beckett family papers: Gorham NY and related Townsend family of Geneva; 19th century letters
- Bemis Block papers: abstract of title (1814-1958); history of block; improvements; 2 files
- Benson (Joshua, Eleanor)and Thomas (John, Peter) families: bills, bonds, letters; J. Stokes; J. Schanch
- Biographical sketches: 62 from Canandaigua, Phelps towns
- Bloomfield Central School District papers: 1938 founding; minutes, contracts, 1939
- Boy Scouts: Troop 2, Canandaigua NY. Receipts and treasury statements, 1922-26
- Bray and Baldwin family papers: Richmond NY. Letters, marriage certificates, pension papers
- Bristol – in the US and England: notes on towns named Bristol in US; maps; videos; compiler L. Clark
- Brockelbank papers: indentures, leases, mortgage discharges, bonds, notes, receipts 1791-1934
- Brown Family papers: 42 bills and receipts from the family, Manchester NY
- Brown Family papers: Manchester NY; Mabel Brown letters, cards, agreements, notes (teacher)
- Brown Family papers: misc. bills, deeds, marriage announcements, letters, Manchester NY
- Business correspondence, 1818 to 1949. Receipts for teacher’s wages, payments, book lists… ….2 boxes
- Camp Onanda: brochures, newsletters, maps, certificates. YWCA of Rochester, 1919-1989. 13 folders
- Canandaigua Academy Civil War Roll of Honor papers: questionnaires sent out/returned to N.T. Clarke
- Canandaigua Academy papers: school song, music quiz; poetry 1906; one by Nettie S. Wales
- Canandaigua Area Development: letters, minutes, ties to Chamber of Commerce
- Canandaigua Association papers: civil improvement business papers, letters, reports, constitution, etc.
- Canandaigua Boys Band: bank statements and cancelled checks, 1926-27
- Canandaigua Boys Band: letters, financial records, membership lists, 1926-39
- Canandaigua Boys Band: letters, financial records, members. 1926-31. 3 files
- Canandaigua Businesses: miscellaneous invoices, bill heads – 10 items
- Canandaigua Community Association: constitution, calendar, minutes, newsletters, members, 28 items
- Canandaigua Dist #4 school: closing, minutes, clippings
- Canandaigua Junior Grange #131: awards, brochures, applications
- Canandaigua Kiwanis Club photo memorial of World War II; personnel records, service records
- Canandaigua Kiwanis Club: 100 personnel records for W.W.II Photo Memorial; service records included
- Canandaigua Messenger: letters re potential sale of newspaper to L. Gracey, Geneva Times, 1929-30
- Canandaigua Millenium Time Capsule: documents, letters, etc. to be opened in 2100
- Canandaigua Mutual Hook & Ladder Co.: business letters, receipts, business forms, etc.
- Canandaigua No-License League: minutes 1918; letters re Anti-Saloon League of NY, 1917, misc.
- Canandaigua Rotary Club papers: newsletter, letters, members, constitution. 1921-44. 12 files
- Canandaigua Schools: District 20. 1874 bills, lists of taxes 1872-73
- Canandaigua Stock Collection: 1852-1907; RR, Tinware, Banks, Preserving companies
- Canandaigua Traveler’s Drive-In Church papers: attendees, ministers, 1954-1968.
- Canandaigua Treaty Committee papers: 1794 treaty. Letters, photocopies of original documents…
- Canandaigua Treaty with the Six Nations; photos of it and Washington Treaty
- Canandaigua: map of Main Street, drawings of 2 houses, courthouse, church ca. 1812-1816
- Caroline Matilda Warren Thayer papers: her life. Canandaigua resident; active in Methodist church
- Charles Humphrey: bills, receipts (1892-1894)
- Charles Marcy papers: Civil War letters; enlistment and pension records. Naples NY
- Charles Milliken Collection: personal and business letters (1905-1932); manuscripts; 28 files
- Charles Supplee papers: 3-generation genealogy, letters, documents, photos
- Charlotte E. Clark papers: wills, stocks, bonds, deeds, court actions, bank statements, receipts. 22 files
- Cheshire War Memorial Fund: series of checks, 1946-47; Melville Montanye of Cheshire was treasurer
- Civil War Committee minutes, Geneva NY, 1862
- Clark family: collection of postcards 1899 re European tour
- Clark Manor House papers: Canandaigua NY. Letters, reports related to home.
- Clarke-Mosher Family papers: letters, wills, indentures, genealogy. Documents related to other families
- Clifton Springs Sanitarium: receipts, checks, financial reports, deeds, bonds, mortgages, abstracts
- Committee on Tillage re quantity of oats and other crops raised by Payne H. Leech, W. Bloomfield 1824
- Cyrus and Jeremiah Trickey papers: bills, invoices, checks. Postmaster, merchant, attorney in Academy
- Dailey Photo Studio Collection: letters, insurance, bank books, invoices; Leonard and Lucy Dailey, Cdga.
- Daniel Eiseline (Dr.): Shortsville NY; misc. records, letters; health officer
- David Wagener papers: deed for farm, 1796, Town of Jerusalem; will, 1799; genealogy information
- DeWitt Clinton Family papers: letters, dating from 1781 to 1826; Rev. War, Indians, prisoners of war…
- Districts #1, 11, 19, 2: Trustee reports, expenses
- Dr. C. Harvey Jewett: letters and medical notes about various conditions and patients ca. 1900
- Durfee Family papers: indentures, letters, military orders, will of Prudence Durfee, bills. 1795-1899
- E. S. Pierson papers: bills, receipts (1971-1894)
- Earl Perry Collection: editor of Shortsville Enterprise; personal letters; letters from Roosevelt, Eastman
- Early Deeds for Rochester, NY: 1811-1828. Land sold by Nathaniel Rochester, etc. 110 items in 6 files
- Early Religion in the Finger Lakes Region: primary and secondary sources: diaries, lists of societies
- Elder William Brewster: 7 file folders on Brewster genealogy
- Elijah Newman papers: deed for land in Gorham dated 31 March 1813; grantor Sir John L. Johnstone
- Elisha Miller papers: misc. letters related to Rushville. Family genealogy records. 2 files
- Eliza Bishop: two attendance records, School Dist. 3, Canandaigua. 1841-42
- Elizabeth Hayes Goddard papers: genealogy on Hayes , MacKenzie, Davidson, Coleman, West families
- Elizabeth Quinn papers: letters, stories, report cards, teaching certificates, statements (1885-95) 11 files
- Emma Case papers: Canandaigua. Letters re Prevention of War 1929; book orders, postcards, etc.
- Ephraim Gooding papers: indentures, letters related to land in Bristol NY and family ca 1778-1848
- Ernest Brown papers: Letters, documents re Empire Grain Drill, Shortsville Wheel Co. Late 1800’s
- Ezra L. Redfield papers: Farmington school tax collector; rate bill; Dist. 2, 1846; some genealogy
- F. F. and M. C. Thompson papers: letters, poetry, will of Mary C. Thompson
- F. F. and M. C. Thompson papers: research material re gifts to Vassar College and Williams College
- Fiero Family papers: Shortsville NY. ca. 1900. Letters, misc. documents.
- First Congregational Church records: Box 1: minutes, members, correspondence, pew rents, letters
- First Congregational Church records: Box 2: discipline reports, doctrine, deeds, legal documents, etc.
- Foster Family records: Fostoria Farm business records, deeds, military info, conservation, marriage, etc.
- Fred Henry, Sr. papers: Activities as president of OCHS Board, late 1950’s and early 1960’s
- G. Henry Boyce papers: 25 letters to Boyce when he was Canandaigua Town
Historian 1963-1968. 2 files
- G. Henry Boyce papers: notebooks with indexes to photos from his collection; housed at OCHS
- Garrett Van Sickle papers: mortgage indentures, summons to Supreme Court, lease, deeds. Shortsville.
- Genesee--Finger Lakes Regional Planning Board: papers 1969-1971
- Geneva and Rushville Plank Road Company, 1844-1954: letters, surveying, statements of transfer…
- George Bemis papers: deeds, bonds, bills, accounts, letters from local business people, Canandaigua NY
- George Brown papers: Canandaigua. Gives his possessions to creditors to avoid debtor’s prison
- George Colbert: papers freeing him from slavery; obit for Lloyd Colbert; some genealogy info (slaves)
- George Conover papers: 31 folders of letters from and to Conover on local history, genealogy, etc.
- George Conover papers: info on Iroquois, early settlers of Geneva, Rev. War journals-Sullivan’s Army
- George D. Pruner papers: receipts and invoices, 1915-1930. Wife Bertha, daughter Viola. RR conductor
- George Parmelee papers: misc. collection of papers relating to his estate
- George S. Conover: transcripts from diaries of Revolutionary War soldiers.
- Gertrude Wheeler McKechnie papers: DAR papers, genealogy to patriot Benjamin Wheeler, Bloomfield
- Gorham cemeteries: lists of burials taken from reading stones. Done by K. P. Kellogg, 1964; letter
- Granger Family papers: family letters; genealogy information. 19 files
- Granger Homestead Society Collection: correspondence, financial records, programs, contributors
- Halsted Knapp papers: sermon; M. E. Church of Hopewell Center; misc.
- Harriet E. Pierson papers: Canandaigua: school tax receipts and city tax receipts.
- Harriet Pierson: tax receipts dating 1911-49
- Harry I. Dunton papers: Surrogate judge 1911-34; letters, bills, receipts, programs, brief genealogy
- Harvey Saunders papers: inventories, land surveys, deeds, letters. Canandaigua
- Helen M. Beutelspar Feenaughty papers: letters, photo albums (professional photographer)
- Henry C. Trafton papers: business cards, bank drafts, bills, prescription recipes, Bristol Center NY
- Henry M. Lee Family papers: personal family letters; Civil War letters and diaries; army documents
- Herbert Ellis papers: research materials and historical articles 1979-1980; Canandaigua historian 9 files
- Hicks Family papers: beekeeping info, Civil War papers, family letters, deeds, maps, mortgages, receipts
- Hicks Family papers: South Bristol NY. Bills, deeds, steamboat shipments. South Bristol. 2 files.
- Hollis Family papers: family correspondence; letters to Henry during Civil War; discharge papers
- Hyland C. Kirk papers: 1845-1917. Science and literary papers. Civil War papers. 11
- Hyland C. Kirk papers: scientific and literary papers; clippings, Civil War papers; 11 boxes
- Ingraham family: Bristol NY; deeds, letters, eulogy for Sarah Ingraham; ledger for Junia Ingraham 1835
- Isaiah Case papers: civil war papers; exemption; substitute for the draft
- J. C. Spencer letter (Sec. of Treasury, War) to T. Mathews re Sims vs. Voorhis dated 9 Jan 1835
- Jacob Mattison papers: indentures, business letters, family letters. Editor of Ontario Messenger, 1845
- Jacob Yerkes papers: Civilian Conservation Corps in Canandaigua. 1000 hour club; US Army retirement
- James and Belus Thomas papers: bonds, releases of mortgages, indentures, deeds, Canandaigua. 3 files
- James Cleland papers: letters written to him, 1839-56, from Canandaigua men
- James Coslett Smith papers: 3 folders on Francis Granger estate which Smith administered
- James Coslett Smith papers: correspondence; legal documents from law practice & Peace Conf. 1861
- James Kimball papers: contract with Rensselaer Gardner re sawmill in Chapinville; Elisha Higby rent…
- James Maltman papers: mortgage to Garrit DeBow; mortgage from Denison B. Davis to Maltman, 1867
- James Thomas: accounts for work on house for Thomas Beals, Canandaigua
- James Thomas: subscription to Ontario Messenger, 1828
- James Wadsworth papers: collection of letters, contracts, depositions
- James Webb papers: Leicester NY, 1808. Lists of cattle w/value; list of horses w/appraisal list
- Jared Willson papers: bankbook from Ontario Savings Bank 1839-1849
- Jasper Parish papers: letters regarding treaties, Squaw Is., Green Bay treaty; will; narratives on his life
- Jasper Parrish papers: related to agreements and payments between federal gov’t. and Six Nations
- Job Wolverton papers: Civil War discharge, Cdga. Fireman discharge, deed to Woodlawn burial plot
- John Bostwick papers: patents 1896-1897 for “stovepipe thimbles,” and 1912 “sanitary milk cans.” CLSP.
- John Colmey, & Edward J. Colmey papers: lawyers 1881-1936. Letters, legal statements, etc. 16 files.
- John Decker Robison papers: indentures and receipts 1756-1858. Road maps Eastern Seaboard; 2 files
- John Greig papers: letters, naturalization, obituary, cash book 1821-22; settlers 1856, Steuben County
- John Jack papers: Civil War commission, discharge, pension, marriage, regiment, rank
- Joseph Annin papers: letters, bills, receipts, 1818-38. Cdga Bookstore letterheads (James D. Bemis)
- Judah Colt papers: letter to K. K. VanRensselaer, 1792, describing land for sale; encounters w/Indians…
- Julius C. Reed papers: one poem, 2 essays. 1866-1868. Livonia Station NY; schooled in Canandaigua
- Latta Family papers: 1790’s family tree; obit of Elizabeth Latta, widow of Samuel; genealogy information
- Legerwood Family papers: 8 letters, citizenship doc.; from Belfast, Ireland; settled Gorham NY, 1839-54
- Lemuel and Dyer Castle papers: indentures within family and with Saunders family, Carter family
- Lena Steele Collection: letters, drafts, news articles re East Bloomfield, local history. 1940-60.
- Leora Sutherland Thomas papers: letters 1922-28, birth announcements, cards; genealogy. 3 files
- Letter collection: Major General John Sullivan; Joseph Brant; Oliver Phelps; Sec. Knox, etc. 1779-1832
- Liberty Loan Committee: receipts for Liberty Loan buttons 1918-19, some buttons
- Linehan Family papers: letters and business records; birth and baptismal records, firefighting, politics
- Lisk Manufacturing Co., Canandaigua NY: forms, letters, finances, company policies
- Lisk Mfg. Co. & Reed Mfg. Co.: catalogs, ads, financial records, 1908-44. 2 boxes, 55 files
- Lisk Mfg. Co. and others: brochures from Lisk, Lisk-Savory, Republic Metalware Co, etc.
- Lisk Mfg. Co. papers: business records, cost lists, ledger sheets, 1905-1952. 9 files
- Lisk Mfg. Co. papers: financial statements, 1928-43
- Louis Shenkman Papers: records of Shenkman’s Clothing Store, family wills, estate records 1930-73
- Loveland papers: wills for Vincent (1891)and Mary Jane (1883)Loveland, Victor NY. Deed, 1867.
- M. Eugene Cornell papers: Civil War letters (1861-62), map of Washington encampment; telegrams
- Mabel E. Brown: teaching certificates, report cards, letters
- Manchester Library papers: booklists for library, Pratt Medical Library, minutes, bills, receipts. 4 files
- Manchester School records, Dist. #5 (Plainsville area) 1858-59
- Margaret Reid Rankine papers: letters 1834-74. Scottish emigrant. Canandaigua NY. 6 files.
- Mary Wilbur papers: bills and receipts; some local businesses; 1902-09, Canandaigua
- Mary Williams note: note, thank you from American Legion re VA Hospital on Sonnenberg grounds
- McKechnie Scrapbook: misc. papers and letters describing marriages and quilting
- Methodist Episcopal Churches in Ontario County: research materials compiled by Gil Smith; 20 files
- Micah Brooks letters; newspaper article, 1891, on life of Micah Brooks
- Miles Kelley papers: letters, research notes on trolley companies, light companies, etc. 2 files.
- Misc. collection of early OCHS records including WPA records, donations by R. W. G.Vail. 3 files
- Misc. financial records: bank statements, check book, pass book, 1932-42
- Miscellaneous collection of checks, letters, receipts, memoirs, documents 1807-1815, Canandaigua NY
- Miscellaneous: bills for repairs, library books, school collector, teacher’s wages, meetings, etc. 8 items
- Miscellaneous: many small files on topics or individuals (contact OCHS for listings)
- Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church: Genesee Conf. Missionary Society Aux. 1836
- Montanye Family papers: re Melville, his wife Mabel Willys, son Kenneth of Cheshire. 1910-1971
- Morris Papers: Thomas Morris and Robert Morris: letters regarding land purchases in Western NY
- Morris, Robert and Thomas: correspondence regarding land purchases, Canandaigua Treaty, etc.
- Moses Atwater papers: manuscript of his life and brick home; land purchases
- Myron Clark papers: business and family letters. Documents relating to his bankruptcy, 1868
- Myron H. Clark papers: 8 letters from Lottie E. Clark, Canandaigua 1858-1859. 1 from F.F. Thompson
- Nathan Hale marriage to Mary E. Hastings: letters
- Nathaniel W. Howell papers: deeds, probate records, misc. 1796-1860; letter about the collection
- National Women’s Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2002: Paulina Wright Davis, Ont. Co. (1813-76).
- Native American land: manuscripts related to their land in Western NY, Cattaraugus & Alleghany Cos.
- OCHS Centennial Celebration collection: 1902-2002. Lynne V. Cheney event, clippings, cards; 5 folders
- OCHS Centennial Quilt: papers and photographs relating to planning & construction, 8’ x 9’
- OCHS collection: leases, contracts, agreements. 1913-1949. Business records.
- Oliver Humphrey papers: militia records, land records, letters (1799-1807); Geneva Palladium, 1819
- Oliver Phelps Family papers (II): personal and business papers principally of Oliver Phelps (1749-1809)
- Oliver Phelps Family papers: personal and business papers of three generations (1749-1872); 44 boxes
- Oliver Phelps papers: 1789-1808. Bills of exchange, notes, receipts, letters, business records
- Ontario Agricultural Society papers: premium lists, committees and members, letters, minutes…4 files
- Ontario Agricultural Society Premium Awards from County Fair 1824.
- Ontario Children’s Home Orphanage papers: records of residents – many details. 22 files
- Ontario Children’s Home papers: business and management records; letters, history. 30 folders, 2 boxes
- Ontario Children’s Home papers: constitution, history of home written by A. Hamlin; letters, articles
- Ontario Co. Airport Development Committee: minutes, regional studies, endorsements, fact sheets, etc.
- Ontario Co. Airport Development Committee: aviation airport questionnaire, costs of construction, plans
- Ontario Co. Estate inventories.
- Ontario County Agricultural Society papers: misc. records re Ontario County Fair, 1938-41. H. Logan
- Ontario County Arts Council Manuscript Collection of misc. materials
- Ontario County deeds and related materials.
- Ontario County Historical Society 1978 – 1980: renovation drawings; blueprints. 2 large boxes
- Ontario County Historical Society Prize Essay Contest papers, original copies; list of 1811-1926 winners
- Ontario County history: late 1800’s articles from newspaper: search for oil, settlers, Lafayette 1825
- Ontario County Medical Society papers: lists officers, delegates to State Society, resolutions, 19th cent.
- Ontario Female Seminary papers: estab. In 1824, tuition receipts, letters, Hannah Upham, Laura Hall…
- Otis M. Lawrence papers: letters, papers, contracts re Ford Dealership in Clifton Springs, 1920’s. 2 files
- Papec Machine Co. Coll: Shortsville NY. Papers, brochures, pamphlets, operating directions. 4 cases
- Papec Machine Co., Shortsville NY. Brochures on farm machinery; 29 folders
- Penn Family papers: wills, indentures, deeds, letters, bills etc., 1811-1924. Hopewell NY. 10 folders
- Pennsylvania Railroad in Ontario County. Freight receipts, related documents. Ca. 1955-65. 6 files
- Peter B. Porter papers: letter to Samuel Gilford & Son 1803; bond w/Daniel Shaw 1809; land deal 1835
- Pickering Treaty papers / photos
- Pomeroy Family papers: letters, postcards ca. 1880. Bank drafts. Bristol Center NY.
- Pratt Collection: 17 folders related to Pratt and others in and around Manchester, NY
- Presidential Autograph collection: signatures collected by Antoinette Granger, Washington to Coolidge
- Proctor Newton papers: deeds. 1832-38 lived in Chapinville, Hopewell, Penfield, Manchester. 10 files
- Pulteney – Johnstone papers: 1791-1854. Estates of Pulteney family; original deed of sale W. NY, etc.
- R. W. G. Vail: letter to Charles Milliken re manuscript collections that should be purchased for OCHS
- Raymond Colgrove papers: 1930 – 1946; papers from him and his wife, Hilda Bradley; Canandaigua NY
- Rechtenwald Family papers: genealogical material, nursing diploma for Evelyn Kolb; marriage certificate
- Republican Caucus/Committee papers, Town of Canandaigua 1925-79. Canvass books, voters…9 files
- Richard A. Bassett papers: Dundee NY. letters ,1862-64, diary, mil. Roster, Gettysburg, Harper’s Ferry…
- Richard DeWitt: letter and envelope from White House re congratulations on 130th ann. of newspaper
- Robert Troup collection: letters re Pulteney and Johnstone estates; attorney and land agent. 5 files
- Rochester Road Sewing Society papers: minutes, roll book, treasurer’s books, certificates; 1941-81
- Roper Knitting Mill: papers found along County Rd. 4
- Roseland Park papers: invoices, receipts, tickets from the 1940’s
- Rotary Club: manuscript collection
- Rubin and Emma Sutherland papers: membership in Agricultural Society; Emma’s will
- Samuel Kirkland papers: letter to Joseph re Six Nations 1794. John Fisk letter 1794 re Indian lands
- Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy: historic essays trace history of the Senecas, by Coates
- Smith Whipple papers: Last Will and Testament, 10 Nov 931. Esther VerPlanck listed as niece
- Snook Family papers: deeds, Manchester, 1835-88; Civil War military service; misc. items
- Sodus Land Association papers: many relating to John Greig and William H. Adams (1815-56); 4 files
- Squaw Island Amateur Radio Club papers: members, listings of frequencies and general information
- Stell Family papers: family documents, Gorham NY. Family history, deeds, mortgages, letters
- Stell Family papers: German emigration papers from 1880’s; birth, marriage and death records
- Stephen A. Power papers: bills and receipts (attorney); court papers; clients in Manchester
- Stevenson-Barden papers: Civil War letters, genealogy records, bills, invented vacuum jar opener, 5 files
- Stratton Memorial Research Library at OCHS: contribution correspondence
- Sutton papers: Naples, NY: papers placed in Naples Academy cornerstone, June 2, 1860
- Taxpayers: names of taxpayers, lists of school age kids, minutes, payrolls, teachers & wages, expenses…
- The Goodie Shoppe papers: bills and receipts of James J. Mirras & Co., 1940’s; 28 files in 3 boxes
- Thomas Beals letterhead: 17 sheets
- Thomas Beals papers: 14 bank checks from his bank in Canandaigua NY
- Thomas Morris Howell papers: family letters, memorial remarks, Peace Medal; 6 files
- Thomas Pickering papers
- Thompson Tin Collection: anniversary invitations, tags and notes
- Tibbals-Bugh Manuscript Coll. Bonds, mortgages, deeds, wills, letters, account notes. Canadice NY
- Town of South Bristol papers: 1895-1925. Government, school bills, road work, land records… 7 boxes
- Travelers Club papers: misc. Papers, script for anniversary meeting 1956; newspaper clippings
- Vietnam Club of Canandaigua: 24 letters of thanks to it and Lillian Sage from Vietnam vets, 1966
- Village of Victor papers: incorporation, 1879-1905; originals at Victor Village Hall
- Walter D. Green papers: deeds; one involving John and Jane E. Garratt, 1875-84
- War of 1812: Committee of Safety and Relief, Canandaigua, 1814; plight of refugees from Niagara
- Warrants to muster for military parade, Town of Seneca, 1829-1832
- Western New York settlement: Dutch prospectus, letters from Oliver Phelps, Robert Morris, etc.
- Wilder Family papers: receipts, letters, regimental orders, bills, reward of merit , misc. 1798-1887
- Wilder-Ingraham papers: letters, deeds, receipts, from Wilder, Ingraham, Gooding, Allen families. 4 files
- William and Elbridge Gerry Lapham papers: mortgage, attorney’s papers, nomination papers to House
- William B. Rayburn papers: CEO of Snap-On Tools. Canandaigua NY.
- William Blossom: certificate of weight for load of hay for H. Hubbard, August 10, 1832
- William Bushnell papers: collection of deeds, primarily Victor NY
- William H. Adams papers: family letters, letters to Charlotte Lapham (fiancé), friends. Ca. Civil War era
- William H. Carter papers: 575 letters, V-mail, telegrams. Ca. WW II and after. 160 postcards and photos
- William Shepard letter: to Seneca Nation re Big Tree Treaty involving Capt. Williamson and T. Morris
- William W. Gorham papers: household and business records. 12 document boxes.
- William Walker papers: argument with Enos Boughton for house lot #136, Canandaigua Lake, 1788
- William Wood papers: materials in the cornerstone of new courthouse, July 4, 1857 by Wood
- Women’s Relief Corps Chapter 237, Canandaigua (Auxiliary of GAR): letters, members, finances, 4 boxes
The researcher needs to contact OCHS for specific listings.
Click here to print our research form: